recipe for cinnamon ice cream
slightly modified from recipe found here
5 egg yolks
3 cinnamon sticks
6 slightly stale chocolate digestives or hobnobs
2. Beat the sugar and egg yolks until about this pale
3. Slowly add the cinnamony milk to the eggs and beat, then put this mix back into the saucepan and bring heat to 65 degrees (dont let it boil). It should be quite thick by this stage
4. Let this cool for as long as you can - it should be fridge temperature before taking it out.
5. Whip the cream.
6. Put the biccies in a plastic bag and bash them with a rolling pin
7. Do some reading or watch tv while waiting!
8. Once the mix in the fridge is cold take it out and remove the cinnamon sticks. Fold this together with the cream.
9. Pour into an icecream machine. I got mine in Aldi for about 30€. If you dont want to make the investment you can just stick it in a container in the freezer and mash up with a fork about every 30 minutes.
10. After 15 minutes (if using ice cream maker) or when the icecream is about half frozen if using a box in the freezer mix in your broken up biscuits.
11. Leave it another 5 minutes and remove from the machine and freeze for a bit longer before serving to family or eating it all in one go!