- Superquinn Superior Quality Mince Pies (8.8) - Expensive but worth every penny of thigh fattening lard. I would be seriously obese if these were available all year round
- Dunnes Stores Simply Better (6.7) - Give you flashbacks to the time you tried poitín when cold. When warm not completely unbearable.
- Lidl Rowan Hill (6.5) - Id had a feed of rum the night I had these so my results may be slightly inaccurate. The cheapest in the survey by about 50% and not a bad choice for a party.
- Mr. Kiplings (6.3) - The most widely available and not all that bad although they could do with a bit of brandy and less odd ingredients
- Superquinn Puff Pastry Mince Pies (6.3) - The biggest least traditional pie I tasted. Not my favourite because Im a bit of a traditionalist. My Dad swears by them though.
The other results:
- a layer of lard that would keep me warm if I was to try swimming in the sea over Christmas...
- ... in Alaska
- recommendations from everyone on which pies to not eat (my Dad says he would need to be paid to eat another Tesco mince pie and then said I might get sued for writing something like that)
- a dislike of store bought mince pies, mainly after tasting the fantastic mince my brothers girlfriend made
Next year I think Ill spend some of my mince pie eating time making them.
Happy Christmas everyone, I hope you all enjoy your last few weeks of mince pie eating before they are gone from the shops.