It was some week - did you miss me?
For any foodies going to New York over the next while here are my top list of things to eat, do and see:
- Walk across the Brooklyn bridge - I passed Hulk Hogan on the way, you might pass someone far more interesting!
- Staten Island ferry for pictures of Manhattan and the Statue of Liberty
- Stay somewhere nice and central - I stayed here
- Take the subway, I dont know why people say its scary as its not
- Take a foodie tour, I did the Grenwich village one and spent 3 hours eating foods with a lovely group of people (and was the only non North American there!)
- Go to Chelsea Market and eat until you drop - I recommend Elenis cupcakes, Hale and Hearty Soup and Amys bread. I would recommend more but theres only so much you can eat in the morning
- Go star spotting - I saw Ugly Betty being filmed on the street!
- When I had lunch in Les Halles I figured I could pretty much go home as even on the first day it was such a highlight- the chips and sandwich poulet were amazing. No sign of Bourdain unfortunately.
- Get to the Empire State about an hour before sunset and take some amazing pictures
- Go to Times Square and get yourself cheap tickets to a show. I saw Hairspray