- Rosemary will only thrive in a house where the woman wears the pants
- That white bit of the rhubarb that you always cut off is meant to be the sweetest
- Some of the foreign people on our course think that cats are milked in Ireland
- Keep an eye on your oven or people will change the temperature and stick something else in
- You can make a wish on new potatoes
- Darina gets her nails done for the Late Late show
- Rhubarb leaves are poisonous to us but not to hens
- Alcohol levels in wine are rising which is apparently a factor of global warming!
- If you are sick 20 minutes within eating something its an allergy rather than food poisoning
- Them knives there they are sharp, do not be thinking about anything other than the knives when washing them or you will end up with stitches
- The whey from making parmesan cheese is fed to the pigs who produce parma ham
- Fat in meat holds the toxins - a good enough reason to not eat fat or non organic meats
- Turmeric is an antiseptic
- The smaller the potato chips the hotter your oil should be
- The cross in soda bread is to let out the fairies
Tomorrow Im working for the night (as much as one can with only 9 functioning fingers) in Ballymaloe House. Some day soon I will be putting in a night in Arbutus. At the weekend I will be drinking a lot of wine at a wine tasting workshop and walking the beaches and cliffs. It feels like years, not weeks ago that I was sitting in an office!
The photos are adding up here if you want more of an idea what my day looks like.