- When a recipe calls for greasing a tin then do it, in fact always do it even if your housemate is talking to you and distracts you.
- Some recipes are very exact and you need to follow the measurements exactly. The recipe on the polyfilla box is not one of these (this weekend was a DIY one)
- Do not listen to the radio when measuring things, you will only get distracted. Doing quarter measures but putting in the full amount of salt/sugar/chillies makes for interesting food
- Things that should not be microwaved - Jeans, tinfoil, porridge (at least not without watching) - trust me on this one.
- Exploding balsamic vinegar will leave a stain on your ceiling that will take more than 5 coats of paint to hide.
- Adding more booze because you like booze isnt the best solution in ice cream or sorbet - it may never freeze.
I'm sure I will think of more but these are the ones from the top of my head today.